Saint Paul values education on all levels—formal and informal. On Sundays between services (at 9:15am) you’ll find many of us gathered in the Dorothy Day Room in the basement of the church for Adult Forum. These talks/seminars/presentations highlight issues of all kinds that are of value and interest to our community—from Middle East politics to the science of evolution.
Additionally, once a month any children aged birth to 15 are welcome to attend KinderKirche in the side room of the basement. This is also held at 9:15am. Our little partners in ministry enjoy arts and crafts, music, Gospel lessons, and more.
Lastly, Saint Paul offers periodic educational opportunities through occasional catechism classes, typically shortly before Easter and Christmas every year, and special talks and seminars. These will be posted online and/or in the newsletter, so keep an eye out for these wonderful opportunities! You can also see some of the upcoming topics for Adult Forum to the right, or on our Events page.
Sunday, September 7 @ 9:15am Lesson Plan
1. Learn about and understand Psalm 23
2. Begin to memorize Psalm 23
3. Learn about and understand the Alleluia
4. Lead the Alleluia in the 1030 service
1. The families meet in the nave next to the baptismal font to reintroduce ourselves
2. The families bless each other with the holy water
3. Explanation of “Sock Ministry”
4. Miss Carolyn leads the families in the welcome song
5. Miss Carolyn leads the rehearsal of the Alleluia
1. The families move down to the nursery; all gather in a circle on the floor to read the book “Psalm 23”
a. We read the book by looking at the pictures first.
b. We read the words with the pictures and try to figure out what the words mean by looking at the pictures.
c. We start the memorization process by remembering the first two verses.
Part III: Craft
Part IV: Snacktime!
Part V: Go upstairs to lead worship!
Take Home Work:
1. Read the book “Psalm 23” each night or as a meal-time prayer.
2. Remember the first two verses each day. (If you need memorization tips, or have some good ones, please email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
3. Buy socks for the homeless to bring to church next time you come.